Home News A healthy man was licked by his dog. He was dead within...

A healthy man was licked by his dog. He was dead within weeks.

136
0
a-healthy-man-was-licked-by-his-dog-he-was-dead-within-weeks.

WASHINGTON
POST

The
63-year-old man showed up in the hospital with a burning sensation in
his left leg and muscle pain in both. His flulike symptoms were
severe, with labored breathing for three days. He had petechiae, or
rounds spots on the skin that look like rashes as a result of
bleeding capillaries, which made his legs look discolored. The
patient’s heartbeat was stable, doctors said, even though he was
running a temperature of 102. His labored breathing caused an
inadequate supply of oxygen to his tissue. His failing kidneys were
not producing urine, researchers wrote. But doctors had no idea what
was wrong with him. He had not recently been in the hospital. They
suspected some kind of bacteria, but he didn’t have any open wounds
and he didn’t have meningitis. It wasn’t until his fourth day in
the hospital that a blood test revealed the man had a type of
bacteria found in the saliva of healthy dogs and cats. It’s a kind
of bacteria that’s usually only transmitted to humans if they are
bitten.

READ MORE AT THE WASHINGTON POST

Web Hosting